Well, I am thinking about bringing back the pixel art contests, though I will be setting up some ground rules.
1) This has to be calc based. Basically, you send us a program to send to our calculators, or emulators, or a pic variable, so we can make sure this is something that is not just ripped off.
2) There will be still pixel art and animated art contests. When one is in progress, we will explicitly state which contest we are doing.
3) We would like all work to be original, no copying pics off the net.
4) The winner of the contest will be allowed a week to decide what to do next. After said week, the Admins will take over deciding, and will start with that.
5) Spellshaper is automatically banned from the contests, since he is a pixel-art god. (j/k about the banned part
This pretty much covers it. If we find you are cheating, you will not be allowed to participate in future contests. Rigview programs are subject to how we feel about them when the contest is initiated. Always read the rules for the contest carefully!
Oh yes, and for the time being, the only prize we really have is the pixel art grouping. We might see what we can do in the future though.
So, anyone think they would be willing to participate in something like this??