Whee! It's been AGES since I've posted *anything* about this game. But the main reason why is because I'm working on E:SoR. But, I can take a break and outline a few of the accomplishments that has happened since the start of CaDan.This post contains the most recent stable edition of CaDan, for those interested in just downloading it
Sept 10, 2008 : Started the project. Trying to pick a name for the project.
Sept 16, 2008 : Threw together linear bullet patterns. Still trying to pick a name.
Sept 22, 2008 : Added character and "cherry flavouring"
Oct 01, 2008 : First working demo. Playable.
Nov 08, 2008 : Enemies are now rendered on the screen.
Nov 13, 2008 : Enemies are now able to shoot AT you.
Nov 20, 2008 : It's starting to take shape now.
Nov 26, 2008 : Second working demo.
See a little later in that topic on a protip.
Dec 11, 2008 : Another working demo of the game.
Post says the menu system "works".
Dec 13, 2008 : More cosmetic effects.
Dec 17, 2008 : A nearly complete demo version of the project.
Jan 21, 2009 : Tweaked engine. Exploring image compression for graphics. Another demo.
Jan 23, 2009 : Version I uploaded to ticalc.org.
Jan 28, 2009 : Bugfixed version of CaDan. This is what is linked at the top of this post.
Feb 19, 2009 : Spanned the application to two pages.
Mar 11, 2009 : Dedicated spellcard backgrounds are enabled.
Mar 23, 2009 : Enemy clipping problem fixed.
Apr 22, 2009 : Rolled out a new scripting system for enemies. Broke the old one
Apr 29, 2009 : Tightened up enemy aiming.
And after that, I did some cleanups and kinda grew a little away from the project. Then, E:SoR popped in and I started *that* project on this post
tl;dr: A brief history of CaDan.
EDIT: Cleaned up this post. Looks way better.
EDIT2: Added the current build of CaDan. I think it works. It still builds. For someone on IRC.
EDIT3: Documentation about bullet scripting has been added.
EDIT4: Added background editing information.