Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - JonimusPrime

Pages: [1]
So for the past few weeks I've been poking at a replacement for the dhahelper based BlackLink/$4Link used by TILP. This new backend uses the native Win32 Comm API to toggle and read the pins meaning no need for an external driver. This means no chance of BSOD's from dhahelper, at least for BlackLink's and $4 Links. Sadly this won't work for the Parallel link but I shall look into that next, though I have a feeling that we have about 0 windows users of it left.

To test here is what you need.
  • A BlackLink or $4 Link cable
  • A computer running Windows XP or newer(Vista, 7, or 8 preferred*)
  • A way to attach said BlackLink or $4 Link to that computer

If you have all of the above here is what I'd like you to do.
  • Install the latest TILP II beta Do not install the BlackLink/Parallel Link driver when prompted
  • Download my test libticables2-6.dll
  • Once TILP II is installed replace the libticables2-6.dll in C:\Program Files\Common Files\LPG Shared with the one you just downloaded. (If on a 64bit OS it will be Program Files (x86))
  • Fire up TILP and try linking.

Report your results in this thread including OS, cable type (Blacklink or $4Link), port type (on Motherboard, addon card, or USB adapter), and how well it seemed to work.

* The current beta of TILP is broken on XP so you can't really test, yet.

News / GCC PrizmSDK v0.3!
« on: November 25, 2011, 01:24:56 am »
Crossposted from cemetech and my blog
I will try to check here for replies but ones at those places will be seen first as I check there more often.

So after a long overdue major overhaul of the makefiles and some additions to libfxcg I am ready to release PrizmSDK v0.3. The biggest improvement is to the makefiles and build system and it puts me one step closer to a much cleaner setup. Most of the changes are based on the makefiles used by DevkitPro and I plan to move to an installer based system similar to theirs in the future as well.

The most obvious changes visible to the user is the new project directory layout. It is now much cleaner and uses a convenient project layout with specific folders for source files and temp object and such. All the configuration is still in the Makefile in the project directory, which has been cleaned up and commented. All of the dirty work was moved to a separate Makefile in the common folder of the SDK and the project directory shall now house only projects. The end goal is to allow the project directory to lie anyway and have environment variables for where the SDK lies. In the process I also made the makefiles much more cross platform safe though it might still need more tweaking to get just right.

I still wish to clean up the headers quite a bit more and move to just one header for all the syscalls and have that header include the extra headers with the core typedefs. There is no reason to have the headers split up as they are and I intend to clean that up with the next SDK update, if I don’t sneak it into this one. (if you notice filemodtimes change, this would be why)

The next big step will be to include an installer which can optionally grab msys instead of me having to include chunks of msys and cygwin for make and friends to function properly for people without them installed.

Please respond with any bugs or issues and I will address them as soon as possible. With how long it took me to do this release I’m sure I forgot something or made a typo somewhere and the only way I can fix it is if I know about it.

Download links:
xz: (11M)
gz: (42M)
zip: (44M)

Now that TiLP 1.14 has been released I can official announce me recent Project, making the TiLP II GUI actually make sense. :P so far I have revived the menubar from TiLP I as well as set it to listen to the users Icon theme settings for the main UI elements. Here are a few screenshots of the changes so far.

If you want to try it out I have patches and updated .glade files which should work with the latest TiLP release or the TiLP svn here I will try to make some windows isntallers in the future which will be uploaded to the same place.

I have been shareing my changes with both Kevin and Lionel so whether your Distro of choice chooses to package CalcForgeLP or TiLP you should be able to reap the rewards of my work in the future.

If there is anything you want to see added or improved with the UI post your suggestions and I will try to implement them to w/e exttent I can.

Pages: [1]