Author Topic: Issues converting image for use with zstart  (Read 740 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Sue Doenim

  • LV2 Member (Next: 40)
  • **
  • Posts: 20
  • Rating: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Issues converting image for use with zstart
« on: March 09, 2019, 12:32:32 pm »
This is a pretty good bump, but it fits in this topic, so I don't feel the need to make a new one. I was trying to convert a picture to be displayed on the calculator, but when I am on the last step listed in the readme, the program says:
File Found!
File Size 18554
Wrong Header Type!!
Is there any way to fix this? As far as I know, I followed the instructions exactly. I'll attach the picture in case it is needed.

Edit: I guess it's not a bump. Sorry for posting in the old thread, in that case.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 09:13:43 pm by Sue Doenim »

Offline Eeems

  • Mr. Dictator
  • Administrator
  • LV13 Extreme Addict (Next: 9001)
  • *************
  • Posts: 6161
  • Rating: +318/-36
  • C'est la vie
    • View Profile
    • Eeems
Re: Issues converting image for use with zstart
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 10:56:20 am »
I've just tried this myself and got the same error. I'm not sure what would be causing it without being able to see the source of level8.exe

@Sorunome Do you have any idea?
/e

Offline Xeda112358

  • they/them
  • Moderator
  • LV12 Extreme Poster (Next: 5000)
  • ************
  • Posts: 4556
  • Rating: +716/-6
  • Calc-u-lator, do doo doo do do do.
    • View Profile
Re: Issues converting image for use with zstart
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 09:27:51 pm »
I can't test it, but maybe the BMP itself has a header that level8 can't process? I know I had that issue in an unrelated project (I thought I was converting it to a low density format, but it was actually refusing to :( )

Offline Sue Doenim

  • LV2 Member (Next: 40)
  • **
  • Posts: 20
  • Rating: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Issues converting image for use with zstart
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 10:03:49 pm »
I was wondering if something about GIMP changed, as it has gone through ~5 years of updates, but I don't see what that would do to change how it saves BMPs. After all, I would think that an image file format would be pretty set and unchanging, but maybe not. I don't see how the program itself could have changed, and I doubt windows has changed in a way that it can't cooperate with the program anymore. I might try installing an older version of GIMP to see if that would work.

Edit: I just tried it with GIMP 2.8, from late 2015. I got the same error as before.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 10:27:26 pm by Sue Doenim »

Offline the_mad_joob

  • LV6 Super Member (Next: 500)
  • ******
  • Posts: 300
  • Rating: +45/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Issues converting image for use with zstart
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 12:03:01 am »
Hello there.

Not sure if that has been solved yet, but i remember having discovered long ago that BMP files can actually have 2 different file stuctures, depending on the software used for saving.
If zstart only handles 1 of them, that could explain the issue.
"No human is trustworthy, not even me..." - the_mad_joob