Author Topic: Graphlink & Silverlink cable  (Read 8998 times)

Offline TsiJiang

• LV3 Member (Next: 100)
  • Rating: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Graphlink & Silverlink cable
« on: April 25, 2006, 04:15:00 am »
I have tried to see if the usb function on graphlink can support silverlink calbe and for some reason it won't.

if it does exist can some one tell me where to find a working graphlink version that supports the silverlink or make a similar program.

P.S. i just wanted to play the zelda: Dark Link Quest
Awesome!?!

Offline Spellshaper

• LV10 31337 u53r (Next: 2000)
  • This is me. Or maybe not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 04:44:00 am »
I'd recommend using TI-Connect. Downloadable at the TI homepage.

Offline TsiJiang

• LV3 Member (Next: 100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 04:56:00 am »
But it wont work event with the new version of ti connnect
i tried to get zelda DLQ to work but i cant

do you know a way ?

Offline Spellshaper

• LV10 31337 u53r (Next: 2000)
  • This is me. Or maybe not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 05:13:00 am »
the data files are not corrupted?

Offline kalan_vod

• LV11 Super Veteran (Next: 3000)
  • Rating: +10/-0
    • View Profile
    • kalanrock.us
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 05:33:00 am »
Well if kevin has time he might be able to make it compatable with the newer Ti-Connect. But until then I am sorry charlie, unless you can find a older version of TI-Connect..

Offline DJ Omnimaga

• Clacualters are teh gr33t
  • CoT Emeritus
  • LV15 Omnimagician (Next: --)
  • Rating: +3154/-232
  • CodeWalrus founder & retired Omnimaga founder
    • View Profile
    • Dream of Omnimaga Music
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 05:33:00 am »
Oh thats because Zelda couldnt work with TI Connect 1.5

You could try with ti connect 1.6 on TI website, because I tried Zelda with it and it worked fine, unfortunately the readme is old so it doesnt explain the installation steps for ti connect, it opnly explains them for TI graph link (which doesnt work with USB cable)

1)   On your computer, right Click on zelda.zip file, and then choose ?Extract folder to?C:\?. If there is an ?Include Subfolders? option, please make sure the check box is checked!!!
2)   Reset your calculator RAM and delete archived files until you have more than 24000 bytes of RAM free. If you have a TI-83+ (black model), you must reset the entire memory (RAM and archive).
3)   Connect your calc to your computer.
4)   After that, locate Zelda/Archive/Part 1 directory on your computer, select all files in there and right click on one of them and choose Send to TI device. If there isnt that option then you cannot play Dark Link Quest sorry.
5)      Send the file to archive memory, NOT RAM. Then on your calc go to Memory menu, choose the group option and ungroup PICTURE1.8XG .  Various strange files will load into your calc.  
6)   Go to your calc and run prgmINSTALL1. Once it?s done, reset your RAM.
7)   After that, locate Zelda/Archive/Part 2 directory on your computer, select all files in there and right click on one of them and choose Send to TI device.
8)   Send the file to archive memory, NOT RAM. Then on your calc go to Memory menu, choose the group option and ungroup PICTURE2.8XG .  Various strange files will load into your calc.  
9)      Go to your calc and run prgmINSTALL2. Once it?s done, reset your RAM.
10)    After that, locate Zelda/Archive/Part 3 directory on your computer, select all files in there and right click on one of them and choose Send to TI device.
11)   Send the file to archive memory, NOT RAM. It will take a long while to send so be patient.
12)   After that, locate Zelda/RAM directory on your computer, select all files in there and right click on one of them and choose Send to TI device.
13) Send the files to the RAM this time. If you get errors send them to archive, then on the calc go in the group menu and ungroup the RAMFILES.8XG  
14)   Now you are ready to play the game. Just run prgmDLQ.

I hope I didnt forgot anything or messed up something I wrote this in like 10 mins >.<

EDIT: slow game though (on regular 83+), i warn you since I wrote it 2 years ago and xLIB didnt even existed back then (not even the old program version) >.<
Dream of Omnimaga

Offline kalan_vod

• LV11 Super Veteran (Next: 3000)
  • Rating: +10/-0
    • View Profile
    • kalanrock.us
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 05:34:00 am »
Lol I posted right before you like 1 sec? Idk, but the steps look pretty good. I think it will work now, but if it doesn't you could try the other link software on ticalc.org (TiElm?).

Offline DJ Omnimaga

• Clacualters are teh gr33t
  • CoT Emeritus
  • LV15 Omnimagician (Next: --)
  • Rating: +3154/-232
  • CodeWalrus founder & retired Omnimaga founder
    • View Profile
    • Dream of Omnimaga Music
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006, 05:40:00 am »
Tilp i think
Dream of Omnimaga

Liazon

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2006, 09:26:00 am »
QuoteBegin-Tsijiang+Apr 25 2006, 10:15 AM-->
QUOTE (Tsijiang @ Apr 25 2006, 10:15 AM)
I have tried to see if the usb function on graphlink can support silverlink calbe and for some reason it won't.

if it does exist can some one tell me where to find a working graphlink version that supports the silverlink or make a similar program.

P.S. i just wanted to play the zelda: Dark Link Quest
Awesome!?!  

Ti-Graphlink isn't compatible with the silver link iirc, even with Ti-Connect.  But if you have Ti-Connect, all you need to do from now on is left click a calc compatible file and select send to connected Ti-Device.